involves undertaking a wide variety of project roles, working directly with our
diverse range of high-profile clients, as part of our hugely experienced team.
to be outgoing, pro-active and curious, coupled with a real passion for shaping
the best user experiences. You will have a background in UX, HCI, Human
Factors, Design, Psychology, or similar, and your work history should demonstrate
what you can bring to our dynamic team.
What you would do
primary aim of this Edinburgh-based role is to deliver valuable insights and
great ideas for our clients. This dynamic role requires that you are
comfortable working as part of a team or individually under senior consultant
support. Candidates must be comfortable being client-facing from day one. Some
of your day to day activities will include (but certainly not limited to):
- Research: Helping
clients understand who their users are and the needs they have, through
empirical research. This could be anything from conducting interviews, running
focus groups, or observing user behaviour. This insight can then be delivered
in forms such as personas, user journeys and experience maps.
- Design: Helping
clients to develop, visualise and test products and services. This can include
collaborative design exercises with clients, devising and testing information
architectures, and developing different types of prototypes, ranging from
simple sketches to fully interactive prototypes.
- Evaluation: Helping
clients identify where designs can be improved to deliver the best experience.
We achieve this through various methods, including expert reviews,
accessibility audits, quantitative methods and usability testing (both remotely
and face to face).
also be given the opportunity to contribute to the success of the company in
the following ways:
- Keeping up with developments in our
rapidly evolving field, learning from your colleagues and sharing your skills
with the team.
- Supporting our business growth
through nurturing close relationships with our clients, spotting and developing
opportunities, and contributing to proposals.
- Providing knowledge sharing and
mentoring to more junior staff.
- Helping to shape and develop the
services we offer to our clients.
- Contributing to the UX community
through the creation of articles, networking, and by attending or speaking at
Who we are looking for
You will have skills in many areas of experience design, and by working with our team you’ll be able to learn and grow across the full breadth of UX and service design methods.
We want to work with the best so you should have a skill set which you can demonstrate. Our ideal
candidate would possess many of the following:
- Passionate about shaping the best
possible user experiences and a portfolio to demonstrate it.
- Qualification in an applicable area
(UX, HCI, Human Factors, Design, Psychology, or similar).
- Track record conducting UX
researchdesign projects across a range of platforms (ideally working in
UX-related areas for 2+ years).
- Experience of web accessibility.
- Proactive and highly motivated.
- Excellent business acumen,
communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- An eye for good design and an
understanding of why.
- Solid consultancy skills that will provide our clients with clear deliverables and confidence in our work
- Proven ability to work to tight
deadlines and handle multiple projects effectively, working well with others in
a team or individually.
- A commitment to continued personal and professional development.
- Agencyconsultancy experience is a plus.
- Multi-lingual ability is a plus.
What we offer
we offer a great working environment:
- Based at our townhouse HQ in the heart of Edinburgh’s New Town.
- A friendly work environment where you
are encouraged to develop your potential, share your experience, and learn from
others who are passionate about UX.
- Supportive, innovative, skilled and
enthusiastic colleagues who are fun to work with.
- A chance to work with high-profile
brands across a variety of sectors.
- Travel across the UK, Europe and
- Excellent user research facilities
including two usability test labs and focus group facilities.
- Flexible working where possible.
- A competitive salary and
- Company pension (with employer
contributions following the probationary period).
- Generous conference, training and
personal development budget.
- Various optional benefit schemes
(e.g. cycle to work, childcare vouchers, technology purchase).
- Fresh fruit basket.
- Generous holiday allowance, including
your birthday off!
So if you
think that we could be a good fit for you and that you could bring something to
our team, we would love to hear from you.
- We’ll need you to have the right to work in the UK.
- No recruitment agencies please.